Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Hetch Hetchy Hours

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 03, 2012 10:00AM
The Hetch Hetchy Entrance is now open from 7:00am to 9:00pm.
Re: Hetch Hetchy Hours
May 03, 2012 12:39PM
Many of we backpackers tend to want to get onto trails soon after sunrise. So good to hear they reduced that from 8am.

http://www.davidsenesac.com
May 03, 2012 04:44PM
You can always use the backpackers camp the night before you start your trip.
May 03, 2012 07:28PM
vitaminC
You can always use the backpackers camp the night before you start your trip.

Not of any use for most of us on this board who work Monday thru Friday each week a few highway hours away in the land of jobs and leave for Sierra weekends on Friday late afternoons after getting off of work.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 07:30PM by DavidSenesac.
May 03, 2012 07:36PM
Even if leaving on a late Friday afternoon, if you can arrive at the Hetch-Hetchy gate by 9:00 PM on a Friday night, you should be fine, though.
May 04, 2012 11:37AM
plawrence
Even if leaving on a late Friday afternoon, if you can arrive at the Hetch-Hetchy gate by 9:00 PM on a Friday night, you should be fine, though.

So they've increased the Mather gate closing time too, good. 9pm is reasonable. Years following 9-11 it was rather restrictive. They used to shoo me off the road inconveniently before sunset. I can probably reach the gate if I leave from work a bit early at 3:30pm. Trouble is mainly Friday commute and weekend escape traffic between San Jose over Sunol Grade and Altamont Pass to Tracy though only 60 miles often takes 2 hours on the freeway. But I avoid the freeway when escaping on Fridays like the plague as I know and take city streets and peripheral roads.

May 04, 2012 11:42AM
It's been that way for years....

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 05, 2012 10:09AM
Where is this backpacker camp?
May 06, 2012 07:23PM
camper68
Where is this backpacker camp?
It's right by the backpackers parking lot which is clearly marked. Can't miss it.

Old Dude
May 03, 2012 07:37PM
This is an annual schedule. When you drive in they give you a plastic-laminated car permit so you can fight al-Qaeda by waving it at them, the annual schedule is printed on the permit:

May 03, 2012 08:09PM
May 03, 2012 08:15PM
Your picture answered the other irrelevant puzzle I had...do they number these annually or monthly.
May 03, 2012 10:15PM
ttilley
Your picture answered the other irrelevant puzzle I had...do they number these annually or monthly.
Well... I think it's a puzzle... b/c
the photo of mine was taken March 28th, 2009
and there is no way there were that many overnighters by then (1508) or any year w/i that time frame.

I didn't take stock of the number the 3 times I got them this year ...

So it's a mystery to me when they reset the number...

Chick-on is looking at you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 10:16PM by chick-on.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login