Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Yosemite broker: is this a joke?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Yosemite broker: is this a joke?
May 23, 2011 12:18PM
Today I received this private message on Yosemite News from a Yosemite News member called Little Indian:

"Need help to reserve a campsite in Yosemite National Park? Half Dome permits?

Like sports games and shows, ticket scalping is a reality. There are no federal crimes against scalping, including campsites, and hence it is not illegal. As a broker, I can help you reserve a campsite in Yosemite National Park this summer. Need a site for yourself, a second site for your expanding group? I also have a limited supply of Half Dome permits. As permitted by recreation.gov, all reservations will be fully updated to your name and can be verified with the reservation services. You will check-in with your name.

I can be reached at “@#$%&”. If this is not for you, please ignore this message."

With all the talk on scalping that's been happening on this list, this has got to be a bad joke. Thoughts?
May 23, 2011 12:21PM
1) it's a scalper messing with people since his dayjob consisting of posting on craigslist is taking a hit, so he is killing time

2) it's a scalper actually resorting to mass messaging on yosemite forums because we aren't letting loose on flagging his craigslist ads

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 12:21PM by sactown23.
May 23, 2011 02:33PM
I got one too. I clicked Delete without even reading it. Actually I didn't get a PM, I got a email.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2011 02:51PM by Louis.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login