Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Tuolumne Meadows Camping

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tuolumne Meadows Camping
July 28, 2011 06:06PM
So I got (lucky?) a last minute "Tent only" camping spot for TM campground....They are going to assign me a camp spot once I get there....I get that.

Does "tent only" mean I will have to park my truck and walk into a camp spot with other tents?

My plan is to sleep in the back of my open bed pick up truck and roll out early in the a.m to do a hike to Waterwheel. My experience with camping spots is: you park your car, set up your tent right there next to the picnic bench and bear box, etc.

Wondering if they allow sleeping in back of pick up trucks....as I see in the other areas: "No sleeping in cars"

Thanks
Re: Tuolumne Meadows Camping
July 28, 2011 06:16PM
Spent a week in a tent only site last week up there. Basically it means that there is room to park a couple cars, but no way you could fit a trailer in there. Sure, you can sleep in the back of your truck, but your parking space most likely won't be level. Our site was on a hill, and the only level parts were a couple tent pads that had been dug out, shaped and flattened. The car was on a pretty steep angle. I would let them know when you check in that you would like as level a parking area as possible, since you are sleeping in your vehicle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 06:17PM by hotrod4x5.
avatar Re: Tuolumne Meadows Camping
July 28, 2011 06:29PM
miket
Does "tent only" mean I will have to park my truck and walk into a camp spot with other tents?

No. It means what hotrod4x5 says it means.

'Backpackers Camp' involves walking into an area w/ a bunch of other tents (no reservations, requires you have a wilderness permit), but if you're saying you have a TM campsite reservation then you have your own site.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login