Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (54% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Monumental

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Monumental
April 30, 2012 09:07AM
Just saw this movie yesterday at the Castro Theater Monumental: David Brower's Fight for America's Wilderness. A great movie with his own narration and cool grainy color film. It was so cool to see David hiking up to Roosevelt Lake and diving off the same rock I fished off (thanks Chick-on for the guidance on me getting there). Also interesting was his work in WWII leading troops rock climbing to take out a German lookout point. I guess the sadest part was seeing the beautiful Glen Canyon before it was destroyed. I also learned of a most unexpected activist, Lady Bird Johnson!

Anyways it was a nice film, the old grainy shots reminded me of some of the codgers on this site like Bill-E and Old Dude Sarcasm sign
April 30, 2012 11:12AM
uh hum...
GJ, Billy is NOT an old codger!
You will make Old Dude's day by saying that though probably...

Dis here bird is 21-ish... double dat... dat is Bill-e boy's age.
Not young anymore crying ... but not Codger status yet!!!!

Chick-on is looking at you!
April 30, 2012 11:25AM
rroland
Just saw this movie yesterday at the Castro Theater Monumental: David Brower's Fight for America's Wilderness. A great movie with his own narration and cool grainy color film. It was so cool to see David hiking up to Roosevelt Lake and diving off the same rock I fished off (thanks Chick-on for the guidance on me getting there). Also interesting was his work in WWII leading troops rock climbing to take out a German lookout point. I guess the sadest part was seeing the beautiful Glen Canyon before it was destroyed. I also learned of a most unexpected activist, Lady Bird Johnson!

The DVD of this movie is still available to purchase on Amazon.com, if anyone wants to purchase it.

(I'll let Rick post a link to it if he wants to.)
April 30, 2012 11:28AM
plawrence
The DVD of this movie is still available to purchase on Amazon.com, if anyone wants to purchase it.

(I'll let Rick post a link to it if he wants to.)

http://www.ske-art.com/skestuff9/B000A0GY1Y
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login