Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (58% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Re: Aerial Yosemite Images - No 3D

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Aerial Yosemite Images - No 3D
May 03, 2012 10:09PM
This is pretty much all these is. A couple are not Yosemite. I have no idea what the 2nd one is. Must be high to still have snow in September.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 08:32PM by Calaveras.
avatar Re: Aerial Yosemite Images - No 3D
May 03, 2012 10:22PM
AWESOME!

THANK YOU!

(the 2nd one is Mt. Banner / Ritter... 1000 Island Lake, Garnet, etc.)
Waugh, Gem Lakes, etc.

Or... to make it clear...
Click here for map and it should be obvious

Thanks for posting these!

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 03, 2012 10:52PM
Hope you don't mind, but I added the size=900 parameter to your image tags, so the complete photos (without the right side of them being cropped off) will show up on the webpage. The size=900 parameter will scale the image down so it's only 900 pixels wide.

Thanks for posting all these wonderful photos!

Calaveras

This is pretty much all these is. A couple are not Yosemite. I have no idea what the 2nd one is. Must be high to still have snow in September.

May 04, 2012 03:53AM
Very cool shot of half dome. At least I think it's half dome. Haven't seen it from that angle before. The left side looks a little funny so maybe not. How'd you get these...are you a pilot ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 03:56AM by The Other Tom.
May 04, 2012 07:06AM
The Other Tom
Very cool shot of half dome. At least I think it's half dome. Haven't seen it from that angle before. The left side looks a little funny so maybe not. How'd you get these...are you a pilot ?

Look here:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,21074,53675#msg-53675

(I presume you missed that)

Calaveras, w/r to that ... can you put that one here too please?
Without the yellow line? And I assume you either said "whatever" to my
comment w/r to the ND trail or.. ??? was curious why you picked that
one to draw in... ???

Ron (vdrummer) put up some shots a few years ago... maybe if I put the
link here to that thread they will magically re-appear.
For shots like this... I snag a copy... so I do have those photos of his
for my own enjoyment...
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?1,14803,14922#msg-14922

May 04, 2012 09:58AM
chick-on
The Other Tom

Look here:

Yup, I missed that. Thanks
May 04, 2012 08:37PM
chick-on
The Other Tom

Look here:

Calaveras, w/r to that ... can you put that one here too please?
Without the yellow line? And I assume you either said "whatever" to my
comment w/r to the ND trail or.. ??? was curious why you picked that
one to draw in... ???

Ron (vdrummer) put up some shots a few years ago... maybe if I put the
link here to that thread they will magically re-appear.
For shots like this... I snag a copy... so I do have those photos of his
for my own enjoyment...
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?1,14803,14922#msg-14922

Sorry, I missed that one. I added it to the original images above.

I drew in the yellow line because I went to North Dome last year and I wanted to give my friend who took the images an idea of where the hike was. That was an image I sent back to him.

I apologize if I've missed other comments. I'm kind of overwhelmed with a number of personal things right now plus a family trip next week.
May 04, 2012 07:27AM
plawrence
Hope you don't mind, but I added the size=900 parameter to your image tags, so the complete photos (without the right side of them being cropped off) will show up on the webpage. The size=900 parameter will scale the image down so it's only 900 pixels wide.

That's okay. Every one of these forums is different and it's not clear to me exactly what the image rules are here. The original size I put up fit fine on my display but it's a 27" iMac - 2560x1440 pixels. I'm guessing the size depends on your browser window. I don't know why you can't scroll large images horizontally like you can in a normal web page. The last time I was asked for a larger image so I put up large ones this time.

Since I am self hosting all these images I'm putting up, they won't be here forever. So if anyone wants them, they should download them. Some forums allow you to upload the images and they keep them but not here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 07:29AM by Calaveras.
May 04, 2012 08:45AM
Calaveras
plawrence

That's okay. Every one of these forums is different and it's not clear to me exactly what the image rules are here. The original size I put up fit fine on my display but it's a 27" iMac - 2560x1440 pixels. I'm guessing the size depends on your browser window. I don't know why you can't scroll large images horizontally like you can in a normal web page. The last time I was asked for a larger image so I put up large ones this time.

Since I am self hosting all these images I'm putting up, they won't be here forever. So if anyone wants them, they should download them. Some forums allow you to upload the images and they keep them but not here.

In regards to the horizontal scrolling, I think it's just a limitation of the forum software. I don't think it's smart enough to realize when the photo is larger than the width (in pixels) of someone's computer screen. It's not a browser limitation, because when I open your link to your photographs in a separate browser window, my browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) lets me scroll around your images or they automatically scale down the image to fit the dimensions of the browser window. But not here on this forum. It was the same problem you were having with your very wide pano shot in the other thread.
May 04, 2012 08:41PM
plawrence
In regards to the horizontal scrolling, I think it's just a limitation of the forum software. I don't think it's smart enough to realize when the photo is larger than the width (in pixels) of someone's computer screen. It's not a browser limitation, because when I open your link to your photographs in a separate browser window, my browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Safari) lets me scroll around your images or they automatically scale down the image to fit the dimensions of the browser window. But not here on this forum. It was the same problem you were having with your very wide pano shot in the other thread.

That's what I thought. Readers can always download the images if they want to get the full size. I uploaded larger ones because someone requested larger images.
May 04, 2012 06:58AM
Very nice, thanks for posting!
May 04, 2012 10:50AM
The third photo with Mono Lake in it. Dang. So cool.
The ridge in the foreground... that is Kuna / Koip Crest.

If you look at the third photo here:
http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?3,48323

You should be able to match it up.
The lake furthest on the left is Lake Helen.

Tanks for sharon

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login