Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Reconfiguration of the North Side Drive El Capitan Crossover Intersection

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Reconfiguration of the North Side Drive El Capitan Crossover Intersection
May 21, 2012 09:02AM
To improve traffic safety, this intersection has been reconfigured. Westbound traffic on North Side Drive with a destination beyond El Capitan Crossover must merge right prior to the intersection. The left lane of North Side Drive transitions to a left turn only lane. The new traffic pattern is signed "Through Traffic Merge Right".
avatar Re: Reconfiguration of the North Side Drive El Capitan Crossover Intersection
May 22, 2012 12:01AM
I'm not sure I even knew that you COULD turn left there. I take it there's a lane that cuts off to the left to a t-intersection for the left turn. Mapquest Satelllite view Yep! That explains why the crossover is two way traffic. I was wondering the last time I was doing the 41 to 120 route. And to think of all the loops I've done and gone all the way to Pohono bridge. sad smiley

So now if you're going to park to walk out into the meadow you're going to have to go to the right as you're approaching the meadow, and then suddenly swerve across 2 lanes to the left to get to the parking? How is that safer? What kind, how many, accidents have been occurring? People suddenly serving from the right to the left as the belatedly realize they want that turn?
avatar Re: Reconfiguration of the North Side Drive El Capitan Crossover Intersection
May 22, 2012 06:35AM
It's the merge from El Cap xover onto Northside.
I can see that. People barreling out of the park in both lanes.
And the tree blocks some view of the merging traffic that
has only a yield sign. Kaploo-eee.
With what I see nowadays where a stop sign has become today's
yield sign I guess I can see leaving the yield sign and doing this.
(I walk partway to work and routinely see people blasting right
thru stop signs)

Chick-on is looking at you!
May 22, 2012 09:32AM
chick-on

(I walk partway to work and routinely see people blasting right
thru stop signs)

I tend to annoy some drivers that are behind me because I come to a complete and total stop at every stop sign I encounter. (And I look both ways before I start moving again.) But I figure that stop signs are there for safety reasons, so I ought to obey them.

Re: Reconfiguration of the North Side Drive El Capitan Crossover Intersection
May 22, 2012 11:28AM
So there won't be two lanes going forward anymore on that small section?
May 22, 2012 02:26PM
hotrod4x5
So there won't be two lanes going forward anymore on that small section?

So everyone that's headed to Curry or the campgrounds will be stuck behind the stack of cars trying to turn left. Brilliant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login