Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Update on Southside Drive Bus Lane

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Update on Southside Drive Bus Lane
June 01, 2012 01:31PM
The NPS Transportation Coordination Team, the Traffic Management staff and the Valley Rangers would like to extend a sincere thank you to park residents and employees. The Southside Drive Bus Lane experiment has been in place since May 21 and will conclude on June 10; until that time we will monitor how this lane impacts traffic flow and use this information to inform future management actions. Managing traffic in Yosemite Valley is a complicated thing with no easy solutions, we appreciate everyone's patience and compliance while we work toward effective solutions. Please continue to direct your suggestions for improving valley traffic flow to Valley District Ranger Jack Hoeflich.
June 01, 2012 03:54PM
There's a section of Northside Drive that's currently bus-only too (left lane) - well-marked by a bunch of X's. Although maybe they were only parking spots.
June 01, 2012 04:35PM
Ohnivy-Drak
There's a section of Northside Drive that's currently bus-only too (left lane) - well-marked by a bunch of X's. Although maybe they were only parking spots.

I was there this past weekend and did not notice that. Exactly where is this area.
avatar Re: Update on Southside Drive Bus Lane
June 14, 2012 10:45PM
parklover
Ohnivy-Drak

I was there this past weekend and did not notice that. Exactly where is this area.

Northside Drive between its junction with Southside Drive (near Curry Village) and Yosemite Village. The left lane has been a bus only, official vehicle lane for a number of years now.
June 15, 2012 08:30AM
I am familiar with that section of Northside Drive. I thought Ohnivy-Drak was saying that there had been something new added when they were testing the bus lane closure that I had some how missed.
avatar Re: Update on Southside Drive Bus Lane
June 15, 2012 10:40AM
The only change to Northside Drive from previous years that I noticed last week was a change that had been already noted on this forum that the left lane approaching the El Cap Crossover Road was converted to a left-turn only lane onto the El Cap Crossover. Nothing else about Northside Drive had changed.

Maybe that bus lane between Curry Village and Yosemite Village was new to Ohnivy-Drak. Maybe he hadn't noticed it before.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login