Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Ellery Lake, 5:38 AM 6/18 (big pics)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ellery Lake, 5:38 AM 6/18 (big pics)
June 19, 2011 09:53PM
Yep, the G/F and I were up and out of the hotel in Mammoth way before 0445 hours, got up the pass and to the gate at about 0515 hours (and saw some guy at the Tioga Lake overlook sleeping out on the concrete in a what looked like an orange 8000m bag). It was still locked of course, so we went to Ellery Lake and various other points east of the entrance to shoot, while the sun was coming up. We eventually entered as the 57th vehicle, at around 0830 or so. When we left the part after shooting a bit, south of Olmsted, it was about 1030.

There were at least 100 cars, bumper to bumper, lined up and waiting to get in.

No color adjustments whatsoever in any of these pics. Only a bit of sharpening and one minor WB tweak. The colors you see here are what I saw.

Three different views of the same thing, all processed differently for effect.

Looking east over Tioga lake, from the overlook above the west shore, sunrise coming over the hills on the east side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 09:55PM by tanngrisnir3.
avatar Re: Ellery Lake, 5:38 AM 6/18 (big pics)
June 22, 2011 07:40PM
Beautiful, as always tanngrisnir. I love the color of the rocks and snow in the 2nd and 3rd pics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login