Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Re: Mail quota

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 25, 2009 01:33AM
I turned on the quota for keeping private messages. It's not meant to really be restrict; it's more of a safety net to keep things from getting too wild. If you feel the quota is too small, let me know.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2009 02:20PM by eeek.
April 25, 2009 01:40AM
eeek
I turned out the quota for keeping private messages. It's not meant to really be restrict; it's more of a safety net to keep things from getting too wild. If you feel the quota is too small, let me know.

Its a great idea so that I know when to clean out the desk. (I wish I could find that same setting for my cell phone $$$$$$)
April 25, 2009 01:47AM
Folders can help with organizing the mail you want to keep.
April 25, 2009 07:22AM
eeek,

Who needs to keep 999 private messages?

Jim
April 25, 2009 09:09AM
tomdisco
eeek,

Who needs to keep 999 private messages?

Jim

Here Kitty kitty (love the catamount)

Chatterbox that I am, I have been catalouging maps (yes, beloved maps) and pix to hikes that I wish to take, and that others have already been on. I would not be surprised when all is said and done that I end up with 1000 messages!!!!!

B
April 25, 2009 11:56AM
Bee
Chatterbox that I am, I have been catalouging maps (yes, beloved maps) and pix to hikes that I wish to take, and that others have already been on. I would not be surprised when all is said and done that I end up with 1000 messages!!!!!

B

Like I said, if it becomes a problem, just let me know and I'll increase it.
April 25, 2009 12:28PM
eeek
Bee

B

Like I said, if it becomes a problem, just let me know and I'll increase it.

I will be a little more tidy than I am with my other emails....numbering at 6,000!

B
April 25, 2009 03:23PM
Don't you mean numbing at 6k?
April 25, 2009 03:30PM
szalkowski
Don't you mean numbing at 6k?

Yes. I wrote it up as I did so that it would look even more obnoxiouswink

S
April 25, 2009 03:36PM
I keep a lot of email that is sent to me. Mostly I do it so I do not have to decide if I should keep it. Disk space is cheap. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
April 25, 2009 03:29PM
Bee,

6,000 emails! Why would you keep so many? It's like stuff we save at home. If you have not used it for a year, you probably never will,---so throw it out. There are much more interesting things to collect if you are into collecting. Rocks, stamps, beer bottles, bugs, lineage of dead relatives, avatars, etc. These are all much more fun than gigabytes ad nauseum.

Jim
April 25, 2009 06:52PM
tomdisco
Bee,

6,000 emails! Why would you keep so many? It's like stuff we save at home. If you have not used it for a year, you probably never will,---so throw it out. There are much more interesting things to collect if you are into collecting. Rocks, stamps, beer bottles, bugs, lineage of dead relatives, avatars, etc. These are all much more fun than gigabytes ad nauseum.

Jim

Ahh yes, I am a senimental sap. Some of them are like old letters: they are the only memories that I have from one of my best friends who died six months ago. I found the wherewithall to delete the old phone messages, but I can't let the emails go...yet. Some are from people I have not met yet smileys with beer and they are my only connection to them when I want them "close" by. Hey, it's better than the pile of WRITTEN correspondence that clutter my life. I love to keep people close when I cannot keep them 'physically' close.

I guess that there are worse hang-ups to have.

B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login