Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

East Side Roads

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 07, 2002 03:53PM
Inyo National Forest -

Rock Creek Road is open to the Pack Station just beyond Rock Creek Lake. You can walk, snowshoe or ski in to Mosquito Flat from there, approximately 1 mile.

Bishop Creek Road (Hwy 168) is open to Sabrina Lake. The North Lake Road is still closed. The South Fork Road is open to South Lake.

Big Pine Creek Road is open to the end of the paved road.

The McMurray Meadow Road to Red Lake (Split Mtn) and Birch Creek Trailheads is open but 4WD vehicles are required past McMurray Meadows (to the Red Lake trailhead).

The Coyote Road is closed at the top due to snow. We recommend 4WD vehicles only. Onion Valley, Horseshoe Meadows and Whitney Portal roads are open to the summer trailheads.

The Lake Mary Road is open to Twin Lakes.

The Minaret Road to Red's Meadow is closed at the Mammoth Mountain Inn.

The White Mtn Road is open to the junction of Silver and Wyman Canyons. The road is closed beyond that point due to snow.

Trail Canyon is open to the trailhead for Boundary Peak. 4WD vehicles may be necessary the last mile.
Re: East Side Roads
May 08, 2002 03:24PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that hiking out of Horseshoe Meadow should be pretty godd right now. I was up there yesterday and it was beautiful. There is no snow at the trailhead and the snow line is pretty high on the peaks. The snowline from Bishop south is moving up every day and the mountains are calling!!
May 09, 2002 03:22PM
Lake Mary Road will be open to and around Lake Mary this weekend.
May 16, 2002 05:53PM
Ok, I was wrong about Lake Mary Rd last week. But I heard on the morning news today that it will be open tomorrow Friday the 16th. I guess that they had quite a few trees that had fallen across the road and had to remove them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login