Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Afghanistan Now Safer After Pig Quarantined

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Afghanistan Now Safer After Pig Quarantined
May 05, 2009 10:54PM
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/06/2561863.htm
Afghanistan's only pig quarantined in flu fear

Afghanistan's only known pig has been quarantined at Kabul Zoo, after visitors raised concerns it could infect them with swine flu.
The pig is a curiosity in Muslim Afghanistan, where pork and pig products are illegal because they are considered irreligious, and has been in quarantine since Sunday after visitors expressed alarm it could spread the new flu strain. .......There are no pig farms in Afghanistan and no direct civilian flights between Kabul and Mexico.....The pig was a gift to the zoo from China, which itself quarantined some 70 Mexicans, 26 Canadians and four Americans in the past week, but later released them.....

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Afghanistan Now Safer After Pig Quarantined
May 06, 2009 01:35AM
This rather reminds me of the news statements released back in 2001 where we were "reassured" that Cheney was in a safe location.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2009 01:41AM by szalkowski.
May 06, 2009 01:37AM
szalkowski
This rather reminds me of the news statesments released back in 2001 where we were "reassured" that Cheney was in a safe location.

It was quite reassuring to know he wasn't out quail hunting.
May 06, 2009 09:50AM
Dan Quail?
May 06, 2009 09:29AM
szalkowski
This rather reminds me of the news statements released back in 2001 where we were "reassured" that Cheney was in a safe location.

Whew! You need to warn us before reminding us of Cheney; you risk disturbing sensitive medical conditions!

B
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login