Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Flooding??

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Flooding??
May 23, 2005 02:14PM
Based on the USGS Merced water flow data on the web it looks like the west end of the valley is getting above flood stage almost every night since Friday. Does anyone know if or how this is affecting visitors and traffic?
Re: Flooding??
May 23, 2005 04:01PM
hi,
we just got back from our trip to yosemite. we were there last monday when they closed the valley. basically the rangers closed off traffic heading to the valley so we turned around and headed to mariposa grove (we stayed at yosemite west). from what i understand, the rangers turned people away from the entrances to the valley at SR 120 & 140. people who camped at lower ground had to be evacuated.

the waterfalls were spectacular as a result. i would call the park hotline at 209/372-0200 for road closings if flooding is an issue.

i also recommend bringing a poncho and bug spray! the mosquitoes are already really bad!!

tina
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login