Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Tanaya Lake to Yosemite Valley possible in 2 Days?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Tanaya Lake to Yosemite Valley possible in 2 Days?
May 19, 2009 03:17PM
Hey everyone,
Now that Tioga Road is set to open, I was thinking of backpacking from Tenaya lake to Yosemite Valley
First Day
- Start at Tenaya Lake
- Hike to Clouds Rest
- Hike down to the JMT/HD Junction
- Set up Camp
Second Day
- Hike to Half Dome
- Go back to camp and Pack up
- Hike to Yosemite Valley via Mist Trail

Do you think this would be possible starting at about 10am on Sunday or would it be too strenuous. Are there other places we could set camp between Clouds Rest and the Half Dome junction in case we feel too tired to keep going? I was planning on getting a wilderness permit for Little Yosemite Valley but if we take this route, what permit would we need? Thanks for any help possible.
avatar Re: Tanaya Lake to Yosemite Valley possible in 2 Days?
May 19, 2009 03:40PM
clarkdude6
- Hike down to the JMT/HD Junction
- Set up Camp

You'll find better camping at the Cloud's Rest junction.
May 19, 2009 03:41PM
You would get a Sunrise TH permit for this route. You are not allowed to camp in LYV on the frist day.

Do you like hiking in the snow?
This Sunday I would say that for the vast majority of folks out there this route is not do-able in 2 days.
There WILL be alot of snow still.
May 19, 2009 05:17PM
You could certainly do it, although much depends on your level of fitness.

Tenaya Lake to the Clouds Rest/JMT junction is about 9-10 miles. It's another .5 mile to the JMT/HD Trail junction.

However - this sounds more like a trip that could be split up into two nights. First night at the Clouds Rest/JMT junction after hiking up Clouds Rest. Then the next day do Half Dome then pick up camp and head for LYV. Next morning head for the Valley.

I thought that most people doing HD by staying in LYV do it in two nights.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login