Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Roads in the valley

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 26, 2007 07:12PM
anyone know when they plan on finishing up the construction? some of the areas i like to go to (day area picnics) were closed last time i was there (back in Feb). all kinds of detours, not only detours, but they simply blocked off access to some roads completely.
April 27, 2007 12:56AM
The roads are open last I heard.

Re: Roads in the valley
April 27, 2007 08:18PM
I was there today, there are detours and construction is still ongoing in some areas.
April 30, 2007 11:50AM
Found this:

Southside Drive is 1-lane of one-way traffic heading east bound into Yosemite Valley. One lane of Southside Drive will remain closed as the crews continue working between the El Capitan Crossover area and the Swinging Bridge Picnic Area. All the Campgrounds, Picnic Areas, and Trails along Southside Drive will still be accessible. There will also be intermittent delays on Southside Drive between El Capitan Crossover and Swinging Bridge, flaggers will be present to stop traffic when construction equipment is moved across the open lane of traffic. Northside Drive is once again 2-lanes of one-way traffic heading west out of Yosemite Valley.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login