Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Green-eyed Bigfoot Mimics 800 lb Oklahoma Owl, Plays Campfire Pranks

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Green-eyed Bigfoot Mimics 800 lb Oklahoma Owl, Plays Campfire Pranks
May 22, 2009 10:17PM
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090522_12_A11_Thisca98885

Researchers to hunt Bigfoot

By SUSAN HYLTON World Staff Writer
Published: 5/22/2009 2:24 AM
Last Modified: 5/22/2009 6:44 AM

HONOBIA — Some 25 to 30 researchers will be braving the southeastern Oklahoma woods this weekend in search of the reclusive Bigfoot.

The Kiamichi Mountains provide the apelike creature a habitat that's rich with deer, berries, honeysuckle and plenty of woodsy cover, believers say.

"You could hide an army in there and never know it," said D.W. Lee of Stilwell, global director of the Mid-America Bigfoot Research Center.

In October in Honobia, the researchers saw "eye shine" from a creature standing about 8 feet tall, he said.

"They would get close enough that the campfire would shine in their eyes and it would show green," Lee said.

(cut)
Lee said the creatures typically throw rocks at them when they're sitting around a campfire.

"If they wanted to hit you, they would," he said. "It's like they just want to see how you'll react. Other times you may get in areas where you're not welcome. If you're close to the little ones — the young Bigfoot — they're going to make sure you leave."

The only time Lee said he became fearful in the woods was during a trip to the Chelsea area in northeastern Oklahoma.

"I saw three groups of Bigfoot going across a field in front of me," he said.

About a year ago in the Chelsea area, the researchers poured a cast of a footprint, 15 inches long and 5 inches wide, that they believe was made by a Bigfoot.

They've photographed other footprints along logging roads in the Kiamichi Mountains of southeastern Oklahoma.

Mountain-area natives and Sasquatch-track followers are familiar with what they say are the creature's distinctive screams and whoops.

Lee said Bigfoot is intelligent and can mimic the sounds of other animals.

"We do hear a lot of owl calls, but you can tell it's not an owl because it's like an 800-pound owl hooting at you," he said.

----------(cut)
Perhaps Jane Goodall gives skeptics some pause.

In a 2002 interview with National Public Radio, the primatologist said she believes that the creature could exist. She said she based that assessment on descriptions given to her by American Indians, who reported two sightings and described sounds they'd heard.

Some people have dismissed Bigfoot sightings in Oklahoma as actually black bear sightings. But unlike bears, Lee said, a Bigfoot walks upright exclusively and — at 7 to 8 feet tall — is much taller than a black bear.

"We're not just a bunch of country hicks," said Lee, a network administrator.

Hundreds of people attend the Honobia Bigfoot Festival and Conference each year. This year it will be held Oct. 2-3 and sponsored by the Talihina Chamber of Commerce.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Green-eyed Bigfoot Mimics 800 lb Oklahoma Owl, Plays Campfire Pranks
May 22, 2009 11:18PM
Oh my gawd I am SOOO into Bigfoot

Thanks

Bigfoot Research Organization
May 23, 2009 04:22AM
Hmm... Things are starting to make sense now.
May 23, 2009 09:27AM
This is obviously a hoax... everybody knows that only Texas has 800 lb. owls.

(Note to everyone: as you can undoubtedly tell from my posts of the last two days, I have a severe case of Phoenix Phever. The symptoms are much milder than Nevada Nausea, but somewhat debilitating nonetheless.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2009 09:49AM by szalkowski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login