Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: White Wolf

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

White Wolf
August 08, 2006 01:22PM
What are the chances of getting into White Wolf on a Friday morning? We have a reservation at Hogdon Meadows but know that that campground isn't the greatest. Would we have a decent shot at a spot if we came up a day early? Thanks!!
August 08, 2006 01:25PM
If you get there around 10 am and look for someone that's leaving, you should do fine.

August 08, 2006 01:53PM
Ok, thanks! Now......what about a Saturday morning?? We are scheduled in at Hogdon this Saturday but are toying with the idea of escaping the big city a day early and trying our luck with getting in at White Wolf. We haven't been in Yosemite since February and are itching to GO!!!!
August 08, 2006 06:27PM
Saturday morning might be tough. I'm sure there will be some people leaving, but I suspect there won't be a lot. If you decide to try it, get there early.

August 12, 2006 08:03PM
Let us know how it works out.

August 21, 2006 02:44PM
Hey all! Yet another breathtaking trip to Yosemite!!! We ended up getting in at Tuolumne Meadows Saturday morning. Got a real nice spot with sun most of the day. Weather was perfect, high 60's during the day and low 40's at night. No bears to speak of, heck, hardly any deer either! Went to the Valley one day which was plenty. Too many people!! Any one staying up top is in for a great time! I wanna go back!!!!!
August 23, 2006 10:34PM
I was up there (just got back) and noticed Tuolumne didn't fill up like it usually does. I also noticed that very few motor homes were on the road. It looks like gas prices have actually made a dent in the crowds.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login