Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

HTML code for web links

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 06, 2008 12:48PM
i thought i knew the html coding for posting a web link, but i apparently don't (once i tried it here), can someone please post it?

thank you
avatar Re: HTML code for web links
January 07, 2008 07:25AM
Type the characters I am writing out long-hand below, all without any spaces, as follows:

Beginning bracket (not parenthesis), followed by "url" (without the quotes), followed by ending bracket, followed by the actual URL address you want to display, followed by beginning bracket, followed by forward slash, followed by "url" (without the quotes), and finally, followed by ending bracket.

That should do it.

CaT

If future generations are to remember us with gratitude rather than contempt, we must leave them more than the miracle of technology.
We must leave them a glimpse of the world as it was in the beginning, not just after we got through with it.

- Lyndon Johnson, on signing the Wilderness Act into law (1964)
January 08, 2008 09:49AM
test

http://forresthickman.com/yosemiteoctober2007.html

thank you CaT!

Post Edited (01-08-08 11:50)

Like I always say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".

My Yosemite Blog: http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/
January 10, 2008 08:22AM
You're welcome.

CaT
January 10, 2008 06:24PM
Or you can do this:

Yosemite News and Discussion Forum

Instead of just typing url in the first set of brackets, type url=(actual url) and in between the two sets of brackets type a web page description.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login