Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Internet Access

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Internet Access
March 27, 2008 11:44AM
Good Afternoon,

The place we are staying in Yosemite West only has dialup. I was wondering what places in the Valley have free wireless internet access ?

Thanks,
Bob
March 27, 2008 12:50PM
None that I recall. The Ahwahnee has free wireless internet for guests, but I think that requires some sort of authentication.

I do remember free wireless access at the Jackson Lake Lodge in Grand Teton NP. Slowest internet access I've ever experienced. There were dozens of people hooked up, but apparently all they had was something like a 1.5 Mbit/sec connection shared among way too many people.

March 27, 2008 01:05PM
y_p_w wrote:

> I do remember free wireless access at the Jackson Lake Lodge in
> Grand Teton NP. Slowest internet access I've ever experienced.
> There were dozens of people hooked up, but apparently all they
> had was something like a 1.5 Mbit/sec connection shared among
> way too many people.

The Best Western I stayed at in West Yellowstone was terrible. Connections wouldn't even stay up. I think just about everyone there was trying to upload pictures winking smiley

Re: Internet Access
March 27, 2008 10:32PM
You can get internet access free at the library (near the cemetery) but not wireless (the last I heard), and you need to sign up for it. The Lodge has wireless in the lobby, but requires an access code which you can pay for, or is free for guests (they expire so you can't stay once and then use that later). Like everything else there, the fee is ridiculous, though maybe no higher than the other ripoff wireless pay-access places.

So having dialup where you're staying isn't so bad, comparatively 8^).

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
March 30, 2008 02:45PM
I have a better idea. Leave the computer at home.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login