Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Full

Advanced

April 18, 2008 report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 20, 2008 03:15PM
i camped April 18, 2008 in Lower Pines campground in the valley. the forecast was suppose to be 17-18 degrees at night... well, i was there with 5 other people (who stayed up until 2pm sitting around the campfire) and none of us even needed a jacket... it was like a nice summer evening.

the waterfalls were absolutely full and beautiful!!!!! the meadows are green, and the weather was perfect during the day. as you walk across the bridge at Lower Yosemite Falls, you get pretty wet.

we did however hear (from a park employee) that a young youth (boy) fell to his death that day near or on Vernal Falls. did anyone see any report of that?

Bridalveil Falls creek

Lower Yosemite Falls

Lower Yosemite Falls

As you can see, the photo is blurry cuz of the heavy water mist reaching the bridge area.

Post Edited (04-20-08 15:43)

Like I always say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".

My Yosemite Blog: http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/
avatar Re: April 18, 2008 report
April 20, 2008 04:30PM
forrestranger wrote:

> we did however hear (from a park employee) that a young youth
> (boy) fell to his death that day near or on Vernal Falls. did
> anyone see any report of that?

It didn't make the news and didn't make any of the NPS reports I looked at.

avatar Re: April 18, 2008 report
April 20, 2008 05:43PM
hmmm... yeah, park workers were telling a number of people this as we listened in at Bridalveil Falls... interesting to see if any news comes out in the next day or so...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login