Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Rocketlawyer.com

Advanced

Your most embarrassing Yosemite kodak moment

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Your most embarrassing Yosemite kodak moment
April 23, 2008 10:09PM
Olmstead Point, I forget what I was doing exactly but my fragile UV-attacked shorts that I thought were wearable split in two so it was an emergency to find the nearest sweatpants to cover up my miniature upside-down half domes and the sweatpants were stained but I didn't care my dignity was halfway intact.

Most embarrassing #2
Bridalveil Fall, there is a restroom at the base of the fall, I had to pee real bad and so I picked one of the rooms and the gal inside failed to lock the door, she let out a scream and I lectured her on my way to the next stall. And if you don't mind me saying, she does not shave.

All the other dumb stuff I've done in the Sierra is extremely mild in comparison. Like the time I had a subway sandwich in the tent and fell asleep...

avatar Re: Your most embarrassing Yosemite kodak moment
April 24, 2008 12:12PM
Little Yosemite Valley outhouse. Middle of the night and I need to go bad. I climb up the stairs and tug on the first door. Doesn't seem to want to go. I try the next one, then the next one. All seem to resist my opening. Figured they were all occupied, even though it's 3 in the morning. So I found a place well off the trail and did my business.

Wake up next morning and the urge strikes again. So I head for the outhouse again. This time I'm a little less groggy and I pull. Doesn't go. So I pull harder. Now I realize the springs closing the door are pretty stiff, and they probably weren't actually occupied, and I just didn't pull hard enough during the middle of the night.

avatar Re: Your most embarrassing Yosemite kodak moment
April 24, 2008 09:40PM
I'll give what was probably someone else's most embarrassing moment.

I was hiking in Tuolumne Meadows on a trail that made a big "U". A hiker realized she needed to *rap. She decided to go off trail, but ended up halfway between the "U" and faced the trail that she had just left to be sure to spot anyone approaching. So her backside was toward anyone coming down from the opposite end of the trail, and about 30' away.

Now my most embarrassing moment. I was backpacking from T.M to YV, traveling light, I had only the pair of pants I was wearing. These were my favorite pants, and had worn them on many trips. Too many trips because they were now paper thin. A tear began at the knee and shortly was up to my crotch. I took the JMT down from Nevada Falls to avoid the crowds on the Mist Trail, but once I got in the Valley avoiding crowds was impossible.

At least while in the backcountry I think the people I ran across had some sense of what had happened and understood. But when I got to the Valley full of day trippers and car campers all I got was a lot of strange looks. Needless to say, I got to my car ASAP.

Re: Your most embarrassing Yosemite kodak moment
April 25, 2008 11:13AM
Not sure if this falls under this topic, but it's an amusing story to say the least. A french couple camped next to us kept their flashlight on in their tent while they got a little frisky with each other. Basically providing a silhouetted peep show for all the surrounding campers.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login