Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

School Bus accident in Yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar School Bus accident in Yosemite
May 08, 2008 06:09PM

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK, Calif. -- A dozen sixth-graders and one adult were injured Thursday in a low-speed wreck involving two school buses in Yosemite National Park, a park representative said.

The buses were carrying students on a day trip from Yolo Middle School in the Stanislaus County town of Newman.

One bus rear-ended the other bus at about 10:55 a.m. in a construction zone on Big Oak Flat Road near the west end of Yosemite Valley. The buses were traveling at about 15 mph at the time of the crash.

(the report on tv was that there were only minor injuries).

Post Edited (05-08-08 18:40)

Like I always say, "if you can't laugh at yourself, let me do it".

My Yosemite Blog: http://yosemiteforrest.blogspot.com/
avatar Re: School Bus accident in Yosemite
May 09, 2008 12:37PM
Yosemite News Release
May 8, 2008
For Immediate Release

School Bus Collision Causes Minor to Moderate Injuries in Yosemite National Park

Two school busses headed toward Yosemite Valley from the Yellow Middle School in Newman, California collided today in a rear end collision. The collision occurred at about 10:55 am approximately 1 mile north of the Big Oak Flat/ El Portal Road intersection along the Big Oak Flat Road. 40 children total were on board the two busses.

Injuries are reported as being minor to moderate. Children are being transported by ground ambulance to John C. Fremont Hospital in Mariposa, California. The cause of the collision is under investigation.
(-NPS-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login