Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (77% of Full)

Advanced

Some people

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 02, 2008 09:51AM
i was sitting along the river (in the valley) just minding my own bizwack, when 2 large families show up with a bunch of younger kids (ages around 4-14).... i'm cool with that, until they start throwing rocks at the ducks (trying their best to hit them)... i said something a few times to the kids, the parents heard, but could care less.

it burns my behind that people don't teach their children to respect and be kind to wildlife. where's a ranger when you need one?
Re: Some people
September 02, 2008 05:58PM
I know what you mean. I see this all the time. People having a good time doing stuff that I wouldn't dream of doing. Total difference in values. They throw all their trash on the ground and hurt all the ducks but still call it having fun in nature. Will the ranger even care? Too many "bigger" problems to worry about.
September 03, 2008 04:13AM
How about the morons I've seen throwing or kicking rocks off peaks, like Half Dome, etc. That's just what people below, or climbers need...large rocks hurtling at them at terminal velocity...

I get annoyed when people encroach on my personal space when I'm in the wilderness. Like I'll be sitting or lounging around some alpine lake which has plenty of desserted shoreline, yet they'll set up shop 25' from me, then start yelling and laughing at each other about whatever duh duh duh topic they find most fascinating.
September 03, 2008 05:45AM
Yeah I know what you mean. The contemplative wilderness experience value seems to be fading. Now the value is on being obnoxious and having fun. Guess we just have to camp further out or grin and bear it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login