Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (56% of Full)

Advanced

Upper Pines Campground

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 13, 2009 02:33PM
The back loops of Upper Pines will open for the season on March 15. The campground will also now be on reservations through November 30, 2009.

avatar Re: Upper Pines Campground
March 15, 2009 11:58AM
Any snow left? (This is from Feb. 21)

avatar Re: Upper Pines Campground
March 15, 2009 03:19PM
Re: Upper Pines Campground
March 15, 2009 03:59PM
The campground is in the 'refrigerator' section though, and snow lasts a lot longer there, way later than Ahwahnee meadow. Probably a bunch of dirty piles by now though, nothing as pleasant as Vince's photo.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
March 25, 2009 09:23AM
Being the "refrigerator section"... how can we accurately judge the low temps at nite vs. the reported / forecasted temps? For example, the forecast temps are upper 30's but my weather website keeps showing "current temps" in the lower 20's at the coldest times at nite? What should I look at to see actual temps for the upper pines campgrpund? (apr 4-10th)
thanks... beautiful pics!!!!!
March 25, 2009 09:36AM
It's hard to find any really accurate temp info for any of the valley. I usually look at the Ahwahnee meadow web cam, which has the temp in the corner. Seems like the only trustworthy measurement.

I don't know that it gets that much colder at night, but it doesn't warm up much. You leave the campground bundled up, and get to the village and it's 70 degrees. There's some welcome filtered sun mid-day though.

If it's sleeping temp you're concerned about, i use a (rated) 10 degreee bag and still bring another to throw over it, or a fleece bag for inside...though I think I sleep colder than some.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login