All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

I'm new to posting on this forum, but have consistently used this site as a wealth of knowledge for current conditions in Yosemite. I was like to introduce myself and thank all of you for all of your posts that have benefited me in the past. I will be up in Yosemite next week and am trying to decide on the best trip to take. I am familiar with all the areas I am considering, but need to know the conditions. I am going to list a few of the places that I am considering and would really appreciate the hands on knowledge from anyone who has been to these areas. I know most these areas have substantial snow coverage, which does not bother me, but would like to know if anyone has been up thru these areas recently.

1. Conditions to Sunrise via Cathedral Pass, and trail over Sunrise Mountain
2. Trail to Glen Aulin and Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne
3. Red Peak Pass and Upper and Lower Ottoway Lakes
4. Any route to Vogelsang from Tuolumne, and Fletcher Creek

Thanks,

Bronson
avatar Re: Conditions at Sunrise, Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne, Red Peak, or Vogelsang????
May 30, 2009 07:04PM
As of Thursday there is still snow under the trees at Tuolumne Meadows. That means there will be even more snow higher up.
My 2 cents is:
a) Now is the time to go to Glen Aulin (roaring falls...) (Delany Crk may give some pause)
b) Red Peak... for sure gonna be really snowy... but... Seeing Lakes with ice a floating in them is ... fun
I'd expect fine and dandy to Lower Ottoway... (a lake, as you know... is spectacular).
Upper Ottoway I'd expect ice bergy objects in for a couple more weeks...
East side of Red Peak probably full-on snow for couple more weeks...
c) probably everything else is do-able from what you said about not caring about snow...
although... if there are sun cups... that is just a pain in the rump... I hate 'em...

That's my best guess... If you are going NEXT weekend and that is why you are asking... from those
I'd run down to Glen Aulin and go all the way to Return Creek and back... or do the whole GCT
avatar Re: Conditions at Sunrise, Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne, Red Peak, or Vogelsang????
May 31, 2009 05:31PM
bill-e-g
Seeing Lakes with ice a floating in them is ... fun

Tioga Lake was good for that last Thursday.
eeek
bill-e-g
Seeing Lakes with ice a floating in them is ... fun

Tioga Lake was good for that last Thursday.

Picture!

And where is your guess on where the Chick-on was?!
May 31, 2009 05:49PM
bill-e-g
Picture!

I didn't stop and take one.

And where is your guess on where the Chick-on was?!

Close to here?

eeek
Close to here?

pEEEK-ture of Ellery Lake here

O boy... waaaaay off... not close to Ellery

Here's a hint: Vince should know. It's in his favorite Park.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login