Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Eastern Sierra Trout Opener

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Eastern Sierra Trout Opener
April 22, 2009 09:24PM
After over six months of waiting, the Eastern Sierra Trout Opener has finally arrived and San Diego trout anglers -along with trout heads all over the west coast - will be flooding the region for the opener this Saturday, April 25.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4358-San-Diego-Fishing-Examiner~y2009m4d20-Eastern-Sierra-Trout-Opener-this-Saturday
avatar Re: Eastern Sierra Trout Opener
April 22, 2009 10:55PM
LOL, that's a trout if I ever saw one LOL

Geeeez

It's true tho, the eastern sierra is opening up for farmed fishing.

I'm not sure why people like fishing. I like my scenery to move and I hate just standing there.
April 22, 2009 11:00PM
Vince
I'm not sure why people like fishing.

I don't understand that one either. But, even worse, is the fly fishing crowd at Hot Creek. There's a zero limit there; you have to throw everything back. All I can figure is that they must like torturing fish.
April 23, 2009 01:43PM
eeek
Vince

I don't understand that one either. But, even worse, is the fly fishing crowd at Hot Creek. There's a zero limit there; you have to throw everything back. All I can figure is that they must like torturing fish.

Does anyone know if you can swim in the Hot Creek?? Or is still closed off??
April 23, 2009 02:00PM
Dan-O

4/24/09
Hot Creek Geological Site: Due to increased geologic activity, swimming is prohibited. Please come see the newly formed blue pools and boiling water this spring, and remember to stay on the indicated paths for your safety. Survey at http://lvo.wr.usgs.gov/. The road to Hot Creek is now open.
April 23, 2009 02:24PM
eeek
Dan-O

4/24/09
Hot Creek Geological Site: Due to increased geologic activity, swimming is prohibited. Please come see the newly formed blue pools and boiling water this spring, and remember to stay on the indicated paths for your safety. Survey at http://lvo.wr.usgs.gov/. The road to Hot Creek is now open.

What a bummer!!!

Thanks eeek!
April 23, 2009 02:42PM
Dan-O
eeek
Dan-O

4/24/09

What a bummer!!!

Thanks eeek!

Try Little Hot Creek instead:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/hotsprings/sh-dscn0371.jpg.html
April 23, 2009 02:48PM
eeek
Dan-O
eeek
Dan-O

4/24/09

What a bummer!!!

Thanks eeek!

Try Little Hot Creek instead:

http://yosemitephotos.net/main.php/v/hotsprings/sh-dscn0371.jpg.html

On the same road??
April 23, 2009 02:57PM
April 23, 2009 11:03PM
eeek
Vince

My uncle loves to fish, and he loves it more when he can drag a family member along to share in the "reverie". I find myself "hooked" into going along, and the funny part is that while he has to bait the hook, remove the fish, clean the fish (I will cook it) I STILL catch more than he does on most trips. Usually, I sneak a book along and enjoy the surroundings and being with family.

B
April 23, 2009 11:09PM
Bee
My uncle loves to fish, and he loves it more when he can drag a family member along to share in the "reverie". I find myself "hooked" into going along, and the funny part is that while he has to bait the hook, remove the fish, clean the fish (I will cook it) I STILL catch more than he does on most trips. Usually, I sneak a book along and enjoy the surroundings and being with family.

Last time I got dragged into fishing I caught the first fish and the most fish. The "expert" that dragged me said something about beginners and luck that was most unconvincing.
April 23, 2009 07:55AM
The Hot Creek fishermen are obssessed! Ever try to talk to one? You can't. You're better off talking to hard-boiled egg shells, and there are plenty of those along the creek far more responsive than the guys with the barbless, baitless hooks.
April 23, 2009 08:12AM
Vince
The Hot Creek fishermen are obssessed! Ever try to talk to one? You can't. You're better off talking to hard-boiled egg shells, and there are plenty of those along the creek far more responsive than the guys with the barbless, baitless hooks.

Note: This is from Mr. CounterClockWise.
(Now THERE'S a comment on how bad these fishermen must be!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2009 08:19AM by szalkowski.
April 23, 2009 10:51PM
szalkowski
Vince

Note: This is from Mr. CounterClockWise.
(Now THERE'S a comment on how bad these fishermen must be!)

smiling bouncing smiley
Re: Eastern Sierra Trout Opener
April 23, 2009 11:29AM
Vince

I like the baitless hook idea, but that's only because I wouldn't catch anything and stink up my hands 8^).

I think for some the attraction of fishing is an excuse for getting out in the forest or wherever. As a kid, I fished (and hunted) but after growing up soon realized that what I really liked about it was the getting out in the forest, meadow, etc. at daybreak. If you catch something, then you have to clean it (or hunting, likewise), and it becomes work; and who wants to torture worms anyway. Plus, I'd rather be moving around, not sitting. I fished commercially for a few years and have never been sport fishing since, just can't get interested (don't eat much seafood either, for that matter 8^).

But some folks just get intense about whatever they do, whether it's fishing, driving (the ones who tailgate, cut in and out, when they don't even have any reason to hurry), taking photos (the ones with tons of gear), or hiking (bagging peaks, as opposed to enjoying your hike).

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login