Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Nevada Falls

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Greeley Hill

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 02, 2009 11:18AM
There has been some discussion on mountain roads and seeing Half Dome from the Central Valley.
Since I'm bored today I was just poking around and found a few pictures from when me
and the misses had this grandios idea of buying a little cabin in the hills so we'd be closer
to Yosemite.
We went looking at some houses in Greeley Hill and around Groveland.
We took 132 to see just how HUGE Don Pedro is... and then went up Greeley Hill Rd.
and all around Greeley Hill and then back onto 120 via Smith Station Road.
This was 2 years ago before the whole meltdown... and housing prices were just ridiculous
there then... $350K for just a complete and utter piece of...
the cabin that I have a picture of was easily over 1/2 million...
One of the pictures is taken at 3500ft. You can see the Clark Range and other mountains
like Lyell in the picture... but not Half Domesmiling smiley It's just amazing that you can see it from
the Central Valley...
At times we felt like we were in Deliverance... or there was gonna be a Meth Lab around the
next corner... but ... all in all it was just fun to drive around not be in any hurry...
We stopped in Groveland on the way back home and ate at the Iron Door Saloon...
(should have gone to Del Taco instead...) smiling smiley
We didn't buy a house in hills... and still haven't yet... but the drive up Greeley Hill Rd. was nice...
but you don't go that way to save time...

Here's some pix... nothing too exciting...
<http://picasaweb.google.com/dale.dekeyser/GreeleyHillTrip#>;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2009 11:40AM by bill-e-g.
Re: Greeley Hill
May 02, 2009 11:50AM
Well, you saved yourself some cash by waiting. Prices have gone down. If you are still interesting in buying property in the area, send me a PM and I'll share my experiences.

BTW, I think you would like the mexican restaurant in Groveland better than the Iron Door. It's far better than Del Taco.
May 02, 2009 11:53AM
bill-e-g
We went looking at some houses in Greeley Hill and around Groveland.
We took 132 to see just how HUGE Don Pedro is... and then went up Greeley Hill Rd.
and all around Greeley Hill and then back onto 120 via Smith Station Road.

I know this area; Greeley is one of those side routes that you can take from Modesto to pick up 120. It's shorter, but longer in time.
May 02, 2009 12:14PM
Billy,
Buy a cabin. I'll babysit it.
That thingy-a-dingy is a stamp mill. It crushes the ore to virtually powder so the gold can be amalgamated.

Old Dude
May 02, 2009 01:12PM
The thought has crossed my mind... smiling smiley

Start looking...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login