Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Further Restrictions on Hiking in Europe

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Further Restrictions on Hiking in Europe
May 10, 2009 06:59PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/offbeat/2009-04-26-switzerland-nudists_N.htm
Alpine Swiss ban nude hiking
APPENZELL, Switzerland (AP) — Voters in the heart of the Swiss Alps on Sunday passed legislation banning naked hiking after dozens of mostly German nudists started rambling through their picturesque region.
By a show of hands citizens of the tiny canton (state) of Appenzell Inner Rhodes voted overwhelmingly at their traditional open-air annual assembly to impose a 200 Swiss franc ($176) fine on violators.
Only a scattering of people on Sunday opposed the ban on the back-to-nature activity that took off last autumn when naked hikers — primarily Germans — started showing up in eastern Switzerland......
The cantonal government recommended the ban after citizens objected to encountering walkers wearing nothing but hiking boots and socks....

Colin Fletcher(author Man Who Walked Through Time) would not approve of this governmental action.

My apologies in advance if this story has already been posted by me.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Further Restrictions on Hiking in Europe
May 11, 2009 06:27AM
The mosquitos will be dissappointed.

Jim
avatar Re: Further Restrictions on Hiking in Europe
May 11, 2009 06:32AM
I don't even want to see some dude with his shirt off let alone his dangleberries ...

Everytime I see some dude with a big-ol-gut hiking sans shirt I really want to say
"man, you really need to cover that up... that's really not a good look for you"
but... alas... usually I just giggle... or throw up...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login