Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Wawona Campground is closed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Wawona Campground is closed
May 05, 2009 01:52PM
The Wawona Campground (all family sites and the group site) is currently closed while the roadway is re-paved. The re-opening date is currently unknown due to weather and other criteria that affect the work schedule. The Wawona Horse Camp is open.
Re: Wawona Campground is closed
May 20, 2009 08:39AM
Is there an update on this?
avatar Re: Wawona Campground is closed
May 20, 2009 09:37AM
fran6cov

It's still listed as closed. I'm surprised they didn't schedule the work to avoid Memorial Day weekend.
May 20, 2009 12:37PM
fran6cov

NPS says they have no word on it yet.
May 20, 2009 12:45PM
The "official" date is June 20th.
May 20, 2009 01:35PM
WOW June 20th! That's a long time just for repaving a couple of paths/roads. They must be doing something else to the campground.
May 20, 2009 01:46PM
fran6cov
WOW June 20th! That's a long time just for repaving a couple of paths/roads. They must be doing something else to the campground.

Yeah, it sure seems long. Might take a lot of time dealing with the individual driveways though.
May 20, 2009 02:12PM
It really shouldn't take that long. More than likely they should be finished on the last week of May. I work in the transportation industry, It doesn't take long to pave. My guess is that they will be digging and replacing pipes and/or other facility improvements. Maybe even making the actual campsites smaller so they can fit a couple more sites.
May 20, 2009 02:17PM
The official date is probably a worst case. I suspect the campground will open earlier.
avatar Wawona Campground open for weekend
May 22, 2009 03:10PM
Wawona Campground will be open for first-come, first-served camping Sat 5/23 and Sun 5/24 ONLY, then closed again on Monday for roadwork.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login