Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Backpackers campgrounds PLEASE HELP!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Backpackers campgrounds PLEASE HELP!
September 08, 2006 04:48AM
Hi guys, you may be able to help me out with some information,

I have a wilderness permit reserved for the 27th September leaving from first choice Cathedral trailhead or second choice Sunrise trailhead.

When I made my reservation, I had the information that the Touloumne meadows campground was open July through September, but now I find out it actualls closes on 24th September, not the end of September.

Will I still be able to use tha backpackers campground facility? I have no transport so I was going to get the YARTS up to TM in the evening and camp overnight there on the 26th before heading out on the morning of the 27th.

Can anyone make any suggestions if the backpackers campground is unusable? Is Lee Vining the closes place I can stay and then get the YARTS back in the morning, justs adds a lot of expense to the trip.

I'd be really greatful for any information anyone can give me on this...

Dave
avatar Re: Backpackers campgrounds PLEASE HELP!
September 08, 2006 01:04PM
I haven't found anything about using the backpacker sites after the campground is close. You best bet is to call the backcountry office at 209 372-0347 and ask.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login