Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Possible Solution to CA State Park Closures

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Possible Solution to CA State Park Closures
June 15, 2009 09:50PM
http://www.calparks.org/press/2009/california-state-parks-foundation-supports-conference-committee-action-to-enact-state-park-access-pass.html

Looks like it could be a form of "pay to play", except that everyone is going to be "forced" to play. Yet another fee added to the vehicle licensing fee, seemingly the catch-all place to add fees and generate revenue for the state. In return for paying a $15 added licensing fee, all CA residents get free admission to all state parks.

I'm all for it, $15 is a bargain to me for all the parks I visit.
avatar Re: Possible Solution to CA State Park Closures
June 15, 2009 09:56PM
cthenn
http://www.calparks.org/press/2009/california-state-parks-foundation-supports-conference-committee-action-to-enact-state-park-access-pass.html

Looks like it could be a form of "pay to play", except that everyone is going to be "forced" to play. Yet another fee added to the vehicle licensing fee, seemingly the catch-all place to add fees and generate revenue for the state. In return for paying a $15 added licensing fee, all CA residents get free admission to all state parks.

I'm all for it, $15 is a bargain to me for all the parks I visit.

All yours.

Look, I think the government of CA proposed a horrible idea knowing that the lesser idea would work and folks would say yeah, that's better. It's an old game that you would only get wise to with age. Unfortunately, unwise and readily orgasmic people have a vote. And I'm not going there if you know what I mean (you are old and wise).

Pay to play. Simple.

DMV is a money-making entity, and that's all it is. You know it, I know it. Don't get pulled over.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login