Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

YARTS bus question

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

YARTS bus question
June 24, 2009 07:01AM
Does the bus from Yosemite lodge to Tuolumne Meadows still run?
How much does it cost?
Will it drop you anywhere that you like? I seem to remember that on my trips(long ago) to Tuolumne Meadows where I would start a few days trip back to the Valley.
My brother wanted to take my sis-in-law to Yosemite for a few days. My brother is a very experienced backpacker. He wants to take my sis-in-law on hikes that are moderate.
I said I would check with you folks if one can take the bus up near Yosemite Creek campground, and then hike down the Yosemite Falls trail.

What does the bus cost to Glacier Point? They could possibly take the Four Mile Trail, or even the Panorama Trail.

Thanks for any info.
June 24, 2009 07:16AM
Try these links:

http://www.yosemitepark.com/Activities_GuidedBusTours_TuolumneMeadows.aspx

http://www.yarts.com/schedules.html

http://www.yarts.com/schedule/2009/120hwy041809.pdf

I believe the Yarts bus goes east to west in the morning and west to east in the evening. The DNC tuolumne tour bus worked better to get from the Valley to Tuolumne in the mornings. The DNC driver seemed quite flexible about stops. If you make it to Tuolumne Meadows there is a free shuttle that is useful for getting between various points and trailheads.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
June 24, 2009 07:55AM
In addition to YARTS, there is a Hiker's Bus that you can take from Yosemite Lodge to Tuolumne Meadows. They will drop you off at trailheads in route. If I remember right, the bus leaves the Lodge at about 7:20 a.m. Last year it cost $14.50 one way; $23 round trip.

Call the Lodge for reservations (recommended), schedule and this years price. (209) 372-1240.
June 24, 2009 08:29AM
sierranomad
In addition to YARTS, there is a Hiker's Bus that you can take from Yosemite Lodge to Tuolumne Meadows. They will drop you off at trailheads in route. If I remember right, the bus leaves the Lodge at about 7:20 a.m. Last year it cost $14.50 one way; $23 round trip.

Call the Lodge for reservations (recommended), schedule and this years price. (209) 372-1240.

FF provided a link for it. It's sort of a combination hikers' shuttle and tour bus. The driver will point out interesting areas to sightseers.

The full one-way fare is to Tuolumne Meadows. I paid the full one-way price, but I later found out that they charge less depending on where you're dropped off (I got off at Tenaya Lake). The pickup points are Curry Village, Yosemite Village, and Yosemite Lodge. One can call also ahead if they want to be picked up there at the bus stop at the Ahwahnee. They prefer that you purchase the ticket at one of the DNC tour desks. When the bus I was on picked up a couple of people who wanted to pay cash to the driver, the driver went to the Yosemite Lodge tour desk to exchange the cash for tickets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 10:19AM by y_p_w.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login