Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Wilderness? Schmilderness!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Wilderness? Schmilderness!
November 26, 2009 09:13AM
Opinion on US Senator Testor's Wilderness Bill (I have never seen a Wilderness Bill identified as a state jobs bill before)

http://www.newwest.net/topic/article/why_should_i_support_testers_wilderness_bill/C37/L37/

DOES THE END JUSTIFY THE MEANS?
Why Should I Support Tester’s Wilderness Bill?
Does this bizarre, piecemeal approach to protecting roadless lands have more upside than downside?

On July 17, I went to R-Y Timber Company in Townsend, Montana, and to stand in the sweltering heat and watch sweat pour off Senator Jon Tester (D-MT). On such a day you’d think Montana’s Junior Senator would be talking about global warming, but no, he was talking about an equally hot subject, Wilderness, as he officially announced the introduction of his Montana Jobs and Recreation Act (S. 1470). .....

(What seems to be happening with the current Federal government on many fronts (public policy, health care, financial regulation reform, wilderness protection) is acquiescence to all parochial interest groups without recognition that certain federal actions to protect or create public land or policy will necessarily injure certain narrowly focused interest groups. Compromise that results in half a baby is not necessarily the best solution.)

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login