Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Hawaii: Rare Massive Waves Oahu North Coast

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Hawaii: Rare Massive Waves Oahu North Coast
December 11, 2009 06:21AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1234047/Surfs-biggest-waves-years-come-Hawaii-North-Pacific-storm.html

Surf's up as biggest waves in five years come to Hawaii after North Pacific storm

Thousands of spectators and surfers are flocking to Hawaii's beaches to see the biggest waves in years crash ashore.

Heavy traffic backed up for miles yesterday along roads leading to Oahu's North Shore. Some of the world's most daring surfers took on the powerful and dangerous waves, which forecasters say could reach heights of 50ft (15 metres) by tomorrow...

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
avatar Re: Hawaii: Rare Massive Waves Oahu North Coast
December 11, 2009 11:45AM
Why can't I stop thinking of the Hawaii Five-O theme?

December 11, 2009 01:10PM
While in the Navy my flight crew visited Makaha Beach on the north shore. While poking around on top of some long dead coral a higher than normal wave approached me. Being afraid it would plaster me all over the coral I reached down and entwined my fingers into natural holes in the coral to have something to hang onto. Of course, this just exposed more of my body to the wave! It ripped my fingers out of the holes and I still bear some of the scars. It messed me up so bad they grounded me for 48 hours to monitor for coral infection and cancelled an entire crew training flight. This was for a meager 4' wave. It's difficult to imagine 50' waves.

Jim
December 11, 2009 01:10PM
Thanx. Been walking around all morning with that damn song in my head...
December 11, 2009 01:58PM
Catalonian Burro
Thanx. Been walking around all morning with that damn song in my head...

Care to switch to the William Tell Overture?

December 11, 2009 02:33PM
Or better yet, try to remember where you've heard this before:

Hint: since we have covered water and earth... this is sky.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login