All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Judge who displayed hangman's noose retires
June 02, 2009 09:38PM
FRESNO, Calif.—A federal magistrate judge who once displayed a noose in his chambers has retired from his position overseeing the tiny court in Yosemite National Park.

http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_12503971
avatar Re: Judge who displayed hangman's noose retires
June 03, 2009 11:42AM
I guess all he was known for was that hangman's noose.
Re: Judge who displayed hangman's noose retires
June 04, 2009 01:30AM
In July, 1970, I transferred from an NPS laborer position in the Valley to a seasonal ranger position in Wawona, and thus began a law enforcement career that has been anything but boring. I have never liked the death penalty, and I advocate life without parole for all but the rare mad dog killers who are a threat to every living creature around them. Having said that, I have seen a fair share of death penalty pranks, and the hangman's noose is but one. In the 1980's, some colleagues chipped together to purchase a battery-powered electric chair for our favorite judge. They laughed loud and long when a prominent defense attorney received a bodacious shock from the device, but the satisfaction was short lived. The highly astute judge probably hid the electric chair, and it was never seen after that. The judge understood very well that if you provide the ammunition, someone will use it on you... I more than suspect the Yosemite Magistrate wishes he had hidden the noose long ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login