Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome from the Four Mile Trail to Glacier Point, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore
February 09, 2010 02:18PM
Greetings,

Some of you might remember me for my Trip Reports on the hikes to Sierra Point and the base of IIlilouette Falls. I recently hiked to the somewhat unknown but highly spectacular Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore with two family members. Because it was such a great hike and I figured others might enjoy learning about it, seeing pictures, and perhaps even trying the hike for themselves if they are ever in the Bay Area, I put together an exclusive trip report with 54 photos. Be sure and check it out and let me know what you think. There aren't any other hikes in Marin or Sonoma County that I would bother spending my time writing about, but this one was definitely worth it...

http://www.panamintcity.com/otherplaces/alamerefalls.html

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 02:22PM by SteveHall.
avatar Re: Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore
February 09, 2010 08:11PM
I've thought of doing this hike, but I've never actually been to the Palomarin Trailhead - or been to Bolinas. I keep on hearing about how the Bolinas locals run non-locals out of town and try to keep people from finding Bolinas by taking down the sign on Highway 1.
avatar Re: Alamere Falls in Point Reyes National Seashore
February 10, 2010 12:01AM
Here is a good link to check the tide tables:
http://www.saltwatertides.com/dynamic.dir/californiasites.html

[Aside to Steve: Thanks much for the posting and photos... had never noticed the falls and lakes in that southern part of the PRNS topo. I've always liked staying at the Sky Campground when I get up that way and Alamere looks like a nice dayhike to do the next time.]

[Aside to y_p_w: I've heard those same stories about Bolinas... consider them a challenge. I live in a similarly quirky community in the Santa Ana Mountains and it's really only just one or two residents that are assigned the task of running strangers out of town.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2010 12:54AM by szalkowski.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login