Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Half Dome, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Camping options in a couple weeks

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Camping options in a couple weeks
June 05, 2009 09:10AM
Hiya. I stumbled across the board in planning our first trip out to Yosemite, which is coming up June 20-27. We're looking to camp for the week and have reservations in the Valley for the first few nights.

My question for folks in the area and for those with a historical knowledge, what are the odds that some of the first-come Tioga Road campgrounds might open by the 24th? Ideally, I've been hoping for Crane Flat, White Wolf or the non-reservation half of Tuolumne Meadows.

Is it too early to tell? Is there a general sense of it?

Thanks for any advice.
avatar Re: Camping options in a couple weeks
June 05, 2009 11:20AM
Tamarack might be open by then. All the others are not scheduled to open before the start of July.
June 05, 2009 12:23PM
ellery lake and tioga lake campgrounds just outside the park are good options too....but there was still alot of snow on the ground last week at tioga lake...so who knows when those will open up
avatar Re: Camping options in a couple weeks
June 05, 2009 12:29PM
There's also a few campgrounds down by Lee Vining Creek.
June 05, 2009 01:26PM
Re: Tam Flat, don't know how you are travelling, but not recommended for RV's and you have to boil water, no taps.
June 05, 2009 04:20PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

No RV. Water would be good, but not imperative.

Do you guys think it would it be tough to find an open spot in one of these campgrounds on a mid-week morning? We'll be switching on a Thursday.

Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login