All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Video of waterfalls, June 3rd
June 07, 2009 06:15AM
Re: Video of waterfalls, June 3rd
June 08, 2009 09:09AM
Nice, Bob - thanks!
June 08, 2009 09:58AM
Great job on the video Bob. Aside from the great views, the video says a lot about using a tripod, without having to even mention it. (I almost didn't look, being accustomed to so many 'jerky' videos, including my own, that really aren't all that enjoyable to see). In yours, the only things moving are the things that are supposed to be moving 8^).

The background noise at the Tunnel View shot was, I thought, really appropriate, as it's a lot of folks' first stop, and the first time they see they're "really" in Yosemite. While a lot of times we hear complaints about the valley being full of tourists, for the most part it's people from all over the world having various types of enjoyable times, and usually in good moods. I enjoy hearing various languages spoken along the trails, and meeting people from all around the world...and they're not all just 'get off the bus and take a photo standing in front of...' folks, not at all.

I was also surprised at the size of Upper Yosemite Fall...was it pretty windy, or was there just a lot of water? (I'm used to seeing it with lots of water, as I go in spring, but that's more than I remember seeing). Makes me wish I was up there for the moonbow, but with the cloudiness we've had this year, it may not be there anyway.

Gary
Yosemite Photo Galleries: http://www.pbase.com/roberthouse/yo
June 08, 2009 10:54AM
Both... there was a lot of water in Yosemite Falls and it was windy that day. Every time you looked up the falls had a different shape. Thank you for your comments. I thought my video was amateurish (compared to what professionals take, i.e., Ken Burns, etc.) but compared to some of the jerky, cell-phone quality videos of Yosemite that are on Youtube it is better. Yes I did use a tripod and that makes an enormous difference. Unfortunately that day it was cloudy and overcast, there was no direct sun, so the colors are muted and everything has kind of a grayish look. The next day it was far sunnier, but I did not use my video camera that day, just my still camera. I am presently going through hundreds of photos I took and I will post the best of them sometime in the next few days. The crowds of people at Yosemite do not bother me, in fact I enjoy meeting and talking to people from all over the world. It's a cultural experience and people are in good moods. On a trail in the Happy Isles area, suddenly someone called my name, and I turned around, and it was our neighbors who live 5 houses down from us in San Diego. Here we met accidentally on a trail, 500 miles from home. We did not know they were going and they did not know we were. It was pretty amazing.
avatar Re: Video of waterfalls, June 3rd
June 08, 2009 11:36AM
Amazing dynamics on the Bridalveil Fall, at the base. Assuming the water is going over the edge at a constant rate, it's interesting to see kind of a "wave" effect at the bottom. Has to do with air pressure created by the falling water, I assume.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login