All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Mystery "Falls" Found (#2 and #3)!
June 08, 2009 08:12AM
In reference to:
<http://yosemitenews.info/forum/read.php?1,11738,11944#msg-11944>;

The location of the falls are here:

Photo was taken just east of the Wawona Tunnel at or near the Turtleback Dome Parking/Pullout.
#2 is from Fireplace Creek (just to the upper left are the Fireplace Bluffs)
#3 is from an unnamed Creek
both falls do not have names

More pictures of these falls and others taken on this trip and a trip to HD/Clouds are here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/dale.dekeyser/MysteryFalls

If these are of any interest please give some sort of feedback.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 08:27AM by bill-e-g.
Re: Mystery "Falls" Found (#2 and #3)!
June 08, 2009 09:17AM
The shots of the falls from Pywiack Dome are awesome! Looks like it would be a sweet hike up to the base of those falls.
avatar Re: Mystery "Falls" Found (#2 and #3)!
June 08, 2009 09:55AM
cthenn
The shots of the falls from Pywiack Dome are awesome! Looks like it would be a sweet hike up to the base of those falls.

Oops... I probably need to be clearer... The shots of Snow Creek and the Pywiack Cascade were taken from either
Mt. Watkins or Half Dome or Clouds Rest area.
Picture #18 and #24 are the same pool of the Pywiack Cascade in Tenaya Canyon.
#18 is from Mt. Watkins
#24 is from the North East area after crossing Clouds Rest summit

Getting to the base of the Pywiack Cascade is no easy feat. Very difficult and dangerous...

Pywiack Dome is just east of Tenaya Lake.
June 08, 2009 11:32AM
Pywiak falls was my favorite of the views from Watkins; you can actually see the creek winding its way down to the point where the falls begin, and then see all the way down the falls to the crashing end (it looks more dramatic than some of the other "popular" named falls) The creek area before the falls looks green and open -- possibly boarderd by a meadowy type of setting.

Bee Cowboy

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 11:34AM by Bee.
June 08, 2009 03:26PM
Bee
Pywiak falls was my favorite of the views from Watkins; you can actually see the creek winding its way down to the point where the falls begin, and then see all the way down the falls to the crashing end (it looks more dramatic than some of the other "popular" named falls) The creek area before the falls looks green and open -- possibly boarderd by a meadowy type of setting.

So when will you be doing Sierra Point?
June 08, 2009 06:17PM
eeek
Bee

So when will you be doing Sierra Point?

I go where the Goat Pack heads....(although, I was salavating over Mt. Dana, yesterday...I have pitched that one into the "pack"winking smiley

BTW., I have a sudden and absolute loss of interest over Whitney, after seeing all of the wonderful "almost 14'ers" hanging out there in the NE corner of the park. I think that there is plenty to keep me busy, without having to run off outside the "backyard"

Bee Cowboy
Re: Mystery "Falls" Found (#2 and #3)!
June 09, 2009 11:18AM
Staggering knowledge of Yosemite geography, bill-e-g.
June 09, 2009 11:21AM
it's his mistress and he's learned a lot from geezers.

Old Dude
June 09, 2009 12:10PM
I have to say that the "Find the Falls" aspect of the trip was REALLY fun, and should become a regular feature on the board. Billy found the first falls quickly from the Tunnel View, and in an attempt to photograph them from a better angle, lo and behold! The second falls just sort of appeared at the new photo site.
June 09, 2009 01:19PM
Bee
I have to say that the "Find the Falls" aspect of the trip was REALLY fun, and should become a regular feature on the board. Billy found the first falls quickly from the Tunnel View, and in an attempt to photograph them from a better angle, lo and behold! The second falls just sort of appeared at the new photo site.

Ok, find this one:

June 09, 2009 01:27PM
Zzzzz.... eazzzzzy....

You posted that months ago. South Fork...

Yawn...
June 09, 2009 01:32PM
Yeah, I thought I recognized the rainbow.

Old Dude
June 09, 2009 01:41PM
bill-e-g
Zzzzz.... eazzzzzy....

You posted that months ago. South Fork...

Yawn...

But have you found it yet?
June 09, 2009 01:50PM
eeek
But have you found it yet?

Sigh... those be the coordinates... depending on time constraints maybe I will walk down there on Friday...
tongue sticking out smiley
June 09, 2009 01:37PM
N37 49 41.8
W120 01 11.7
June 09, 2009 11:40PM
June 10, 2009 05:57AM
Wetter is Better?
June 10, 2009 06:16AM
Got any shots of Rainbow Pools upstream?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login