Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Deer in Yosemite

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)

Advanced

"Follow Topic" not working?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

"Follow Topic" not working?
January 12, 2011 11:22AM
Just a quick technical question about this board: I've selected "Follow This Topic" at the bottom of a number of discussion topics (along with "Email me..."winking smiley but I never get any notifications and when I check my Control Center, it always says that no active posts are being followed. Does this feature just plain not work or am I doing something wrong?

I constantly forget to check the "Follow Topic" box on my posts (FINALLY remembered this time) so maybe that'll work where the end-of-topic link doesn't?

Anybody have any ideas what's going on with this?

--David
avatar Re: "Follow Topic" not working?
January 12, 2011 12:18PM
It seems to be working for me.

I just tried clicking on "Follow Topic" On the next screen I hit "Submit", and I see in my Control Center that this is a topic I'm following.

Are you clicking on the second screen "Submit"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 12:18PM by qumqats.
Re: "Follow Topic" not working?
January 12, 2011 12:56PM
Yes, that's what I was doing. I do notice that, having set the "Follow Topic" checkbox when posting, I AM getting notifications for those. Odd but, since I'm posting to most of the threads I care about following, it's mostly a matter of remembering to set the checkbox in the post.
Re: "Follow Topic" not working?
January 12, 2011 04:56PM
I come here daily, usually a few times, so I can easily see which topics have new posts. I didn't even know there was a follow topic option. This forum software is pretty primitive compared to most I use.
avatar Re: "Follow Topic" not working?
January 12, 2011 05:22PM
Go into "Forum Settings" in the control center and be sure everything is as you want it.

Old Dude
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login