Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Vernel Fall, Merced River, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

JanSport

Advanced

Volcano webcams of the world

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Volcano webcams of the world
January 26, 2011 07:25PM
All the volcano webcams of the world
Erik Klemetti on January 24, 2011, 8:37 AM
So, I finally got this project done! We all do a lot of webcam watching here on Eruptions. A lot of the time when a new eruption occurs, the first question posted is “is there a webcam?”, so I thought I’d try to come up with a definitive list of extant volcano webcam, organized by region of the world. These webcams are a mixed of government/agency-installed webcams using for scientific purposes, private webcams posted for tourism purposes and random webcams with no other purposes than to watch the volcano. The country name is linked to the main monitoring agency (special thanks to the Volcanism Blog for helping me find many of these links).

Now, I know I missed some, especially for volcanoes that have multiple eyes trained on it like Etna, so if you notice something missing, post a comment with the link and I will update the list. Hopefully, this can stay up to date and I will try to get this added as a link on the front page of the blog. Until then, feel free to bookmark the page and use it to find the webcam of your choice.

Last updated January 26, 2011: New Gorely webcam added, second Kliuchevskoi webcam added, third Yellowstone webcam added, third Kirishima webcam added.

http://bigthink.com/ideas/26619
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login