Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
A Yosemite bear

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (73% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Are women really more likely to feel cold than men?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Are women really more likely to feel cold than men?
February 01, 2011 05:05PM
Nearly naked and immersed in ice cubes up to the neck, two Chinese men recently duked it out in a cold-endurance contest for two hours. My low-temperature-loving grandfather, a member of the polar bear club, used to plunge regularly into freezing Finnish waters as a form of leisure. No matter the weather, my son, too, seems happy to storm the playground, sweating under his Siberian hat, while my own toes have been frozen for months. Why are some people so much heartier in the cold?

http://www.slate.com/id/2282969/
avatar Re: Are women really more likely to feel cold than men?
February 04, 2011 09:14PM
I'm much more cold-tolerant than the boy. It might be a combination of my extra layers of warming tissue (that's what I call it) and his genetic circulation issue (his sister is also very cold). I make him wear a hat when he complains of the cold.
avatar Re: Are women really more likely to feel cold than men?
February 04, 2011 10:31PM
I'd say that women are more likely to complain about the cold..... but I won't since that would get me in trouble.Llama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login