Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Bridalveil Falls, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: List of state parks to be closed

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar List of state parks to be closed
June 11, 2009 08:47AM
This article contains a list of state parks to be closed.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/06/10/SP5A1834DI.DTL
avatar Re: List of state parks to be closed
June 11, 2009 08:50AM
That guy lost credibility with me. Never did respond to multiple emails asking simple questions.

And I'm still waiting for that picture of Mist Falls.
Re: List of state parks to be closed
June 11, 2009 09:22AM
I'm no journalist, but that's the easiest article to write. A list with a flowery 2-sentence blurb about local parks? Wow, I think I moved past that kind of writing in middle school...

Regarding Mt. Diablo, I don't care...I either hike it or ride it. Gate closures won't affect me smiling smiley
June 11, 2009 09:53AM
Probably the best approach if the parks close is to volunteer for security detail for 2-3 days whenever you want to visit the park. No visitors, the park to yourself.

The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas.
-- Carl Sagan
June 11, 2009 09:57AM
cthenn
I'm no journalist, but that's the easiest article to write. A list with a flowery 2-sentence blurb about local parks? Wow, I think I moved past that kind of writing in middle school...

When I sent the guy an email he had some canned response of "I'm currently running around to all these parks blah blah blah".
Uh huh... Currently playing with civil war figurines and misplacing loop to read topo maps used as battlefields.

And... a still waiting for that Mist Falls picture... nice video of those deer though... NOT
June 11, 2009 10:19AM
Survey finds how much state parks visitors spend

http://sacstatenews.csus.edu/news/?p=1239
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login