Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Dogwood bloom in Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

cost of lodging in yosemite

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

cost of lodging in yosemite
May 18, 2012 10:33AM
Cost of tent-cabins at curry village and Tuolumne Meadows lodge, room fare in yosemite lodge and other places seems to be increasing excessively every year. Right now the fare is $120/night for a tent-cabin at Tuolumne lodge - seems very high to me. Does the park service impose any price control or limit the annual increase when the contracts are made with the concessionaires?
avatar Re: cost of lodging in yosemite
May 18, 2012 11:02AM
NPS has to approve all lodging rates for all concessionaires. Sometimes you might be paying a deposit on a preliminary rate before the final rate is approved, but they tend to be similar.

There are a few places that are associated with NPS units but are actually inholdings. The Furnace Creek Ranch and Furnace Creek In in Death Valley are inholdings and aren't subject to NPS regulation. They do apparently have an agreement with NPS that NPS law enforcement and fire will respond to calls. The same goes for other inholdings or nearby areas where NPS might be ideal first responders. I think NPS will respond to emergency calls at Yosemite West even though it's technically not even an inholding.
Re: cost of lodging in yosemite
May 18, 2012 11:13AM
Stay in a tent cabin in Curry Village in winter for only $40!
avatar Re: cost of lodging in yosemite
May 18, 2012 12:30PM
hotrod4x5

Stay in a tent cabin in Curry Village in winter for only $40!

Only six or seven years ago, a tent cabin in Curry Village was only $40 in the SUMMER! sad smiley

Re: cost of lodging in yosemite
May 18, 2012 01:37PM
I remember staying at the Ahwahnee in the early 1990's and paying $120.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login