Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

nordvpn

Advanced

Ptarmagin Valley, Round Top, Black Tail Rocks

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Ptarmagin Valley, Round Top, Black Tail Rocks
June 03, 2012 01:52PM
On Saturday a small group set on a long hike of about 15-16 miles with over 5,000 ft of elevation gain including the peaks of Round Top and Black Tail Rocks. We hiked for over 8 hours and a pretty good pace and some sections required rock scrambling. The trailhead for this hike is about 30 minutes north of Anchorage in the town of Chugiak. It was an absolutely gorgeous day at the start but after descending one of the peaks later in the afternoon we looked up and saw the peak enclosed in clouds and fog. This truly felt like a spring hike though and is the first time I have gone down to short sleeves on a hike in Alaska and I never wore a hat.

Full Album on Facebook
MeetUp Description of Hike

Not the greatest picture but much of what looks like clouds is actually part of the mountain-Mt. McKinley:

I never did get this picture quite right but I still like it. The flowers are starting to come out!

Mt. McKinley again with the summit shrouded in clouds behind the brightest white cloud:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2012 01:58PM by chicagocwright.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login