Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Fern on the Four Mile Trail, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Shane Krogen dies; a loss to mourn

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Shane Krogen dies; a loss to mourn
September 14, 2013 06:21PM
Fresno outdoorsman Shane Krogen dies in fall from helicopter

Shane Krogen, a Fresno outdoorsman who led crews of volunteers through the Sierra Nevada mountains repairing trails and cleaning up marijuana growing sites, died Thursday after falling from a helicopter while in the high country of Tulare County.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/09/13/3495790/man-falls-out-of-helicopter-in.html#storylink=cpy

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
avatar Re: Shane Krogen dies; a loss to mourn
September 16, 2013 10:01AM
Wow, really sad news.

I hope they find out what went so horribly wrong.

avatar Re: Shane Krogen dies; a loss to mourn
September 16, 2013 07:44PM
Marek Warszawski: Outdoors, kindness was Shane Krogen's domain

Shane Krogen was one of the first friendly faces I met in Fresno.

He was behind the counter at California Outfitters, the outdoors speciality shop he used to own near Blackstone and Herndon, when I walked in 15 years ago looking for new hiking boots. (I found the store in something called the yellow pages. Kids, ask your parents what that is.)

Shane not only sold me new boots but also measured my feet for high-quality moldable insoles. I balked, but he insisted. And my blister problems ceased that day.

I remember being struck by Krogen's smile and enthusiasm for the outdoors, and it wasn't long before he had me volunteering for his trail crew and signing up for the store's activity classes. He was one of those people you can't help but think of fondly.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2013/09/14/3498787/outdoors-kindness-was-his-domain.html#storylink=cpy

The body betrays and the weather conspires, hopefully, not on the same day.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login