Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Going up Lyell Canyon in about a week:

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Going up Lyell Canyon in about a week:
June 17, 2009 04:40PM
Yeah, that's my plan ... am not fnding any very, very recent trail accounts here so I'll be sure to post some info (exc. for the NPS mention that it's muddy ... patchy ... wet ...)

Yeah, that'll be okay ... so long as it's not as bad, say, as that sene in the old, old Steve McQueen movie "Nevada Smith" where he escapes from that gawd-afwul swamp prison and has to wrestle with poisonous moccasins ... man eating black flies ... piranhnas ... deadly coral snakes ... telemarketer calls ....

Well. anyhow ... mud, snow and puddles notwithstanding, ... me and my bottle of 100% DEET are heading up LC .. probably on the 27th for almost a week.

Last year, I went up into and north of Hetch-Hetchy .. but that was a month earlier in the year, though it's at quite a lower elevation, of course. And even then I ran into impassable snow fields. (far north of Tiltill Valley)

... anyhow, ... will chime in later ... probably get mud all over my computer keyboard ...

Anvanho
June 17, 2009 05:23PM
I will be right behind you.
June 21, 2009 05:44PM
Mud, skeeters, and don't forget the stream crossings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login