Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (55% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Standing atop Yosemite: For best look at the park's waterfalls, take a hike

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Standing atop Yosemite: For best look at the park's waterfalls, take a hike
June 17, 2009 05:31PM
YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK — Why enjoy America's tallest waterfall, Yosemite Falls, only from the bottom? A 7.2-mile round-trip hike will take you 2,700-feet skyward for a bird's-eye view of the spectacular plunge, seventh tallest in the world.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705311126,00.html
avatar Re: Standing atop Yosemite: For best look at the park's waterfalls, take a hike
June 17, 2009 05:41PM
"That's why older hikers may want hiking poles for this expedition."

WHAT??

Note that 17 people have died on the trail to the top of Yosemite Falls, the vast majority of them from ignoring warnings. The two killed in the rockfall are not really deaths that should go in the mix.

Old Dude
avatar Re: Standing atop Yosemite: For best look at the park's waterfalls, take a hike
June 17, 2009 05:42PM
I thought four were killed in that rockfall.
June 17, 2009 05:43PM
the article said two I thought. 20 injured

Old Dude
June 17, 2009 05:44PM
mrcondron
the article said two I thought. 20 injured

I was going from my memory from when it happened.
June 17, 2009 06:01PM
From the article... I'd go with your memory.

Hey... whoever wrote it looked at summitpost for a quote.
They coulda came here and even got a peeecture of chick-on looking ova the edge.

And I'm launching a formal protest against the validity of the chick-on chuck-on poll.
June 17, 2009 06:05PM
What's good for the HSCs is good for the Chick-on.

Old Dude
June 17, 2009 06:06PM
Hang on there buddy. The HSC poll has already been certified.
June 17, 2009 06:11PM
Actually... for the best view of the waterfall... don't go to the top...
Just go where the trail heads due north and flattens out... that's the best view of Upper Yose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login