All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Yosemite Creek Campground Bridge
June 17, 2009 10:13PM
I've been told work on the damaged bridge at the Yosemite Creek Campground may actually happen this summer.
avatar Re: Yosemite Creek Campground Bridge
June 18, 2009 05:58AM
I was thinking they would just get rid of all those sites.
Every time we walk thru there we always say "why don't they remove the tables and bear boxes?".
I guess we got our answer.

Probably all the campers out there are ecstatic... but somehow I feel (well, I know I feel)
that less would be much better... and leave the bridge as is.
Re: Yosemite Creek Campground Bridge
August 24, 2009 06:35PM
Just visited this last weekend and it looks like no activity so far for the bridge repair. I think this is one of the best campgrounds in the entire park and it seems a shame that the best sites in the campground are not available. Hasn't it been at least 10 years? If it is $$$, they should put a contribution box in front of the bridge, I bet alot of folks would contribute. I saw a park document which implied the bridge would be repaired in 2004, but that obviously didn't happen. Any news at all?
avatar Re: Yosemite Creek Campground Bridge
August 24, 2009 10:11PM
I haven't heard anything new.
August 25, 2009 08:03PM
bummer... I'll keep digging and see if I can find out anything more. If so, I'll post here. Thanks!
September 02, 2009 08:41PM
Hey, I was there this past weekend and they have construction equipment there with an inspection tag for the "bridge replacement project". Hopefully they can demo and replace before the weather changes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2009 08:42PM by big.jeep.daddy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login