Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Tenaya Lake, Yosemite National Park

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (78% of Full)

JanSport - Accept no Imitations. The Original Backpack since 1967.

Advanced

Crow Pass 2014

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

Crow Pass 2014
June 23, 2014 12:47AM
Full Album: Facebook Picture Album

Amazingly the day began in a rain soaked parking lot and a discussion on whether we call the hike off. The five of us decided to push forward. The beginning of the hike about an hour later was in light rain.

After about a 3000 foot climb we found ourselves in windy, snowy conditions!

I love this shot with Raven Glacier on the left of the picture. We would be out of the snow very soon and have sunny skies of the rest of the trip.

As we approached the climatic river crossing there is a metal box that unfortunately had left over clothes and food in. As we got within 20 feet this black bear jumped out of the box and fortunately scampered 20-30 yards away. He stopped and seemed to be sizing us up for a fight for his food. I believe I could have taken him. At least with the help of my bear spray. Bear Head
After two years and four months, I have FINALLY seen my first black bear in Alaska. I should have just driven ten minutes across town to see the mom and two cubs that was hanging around a college campus and hospital the last week or so.

As you can see in the final shots in the album and the one shown below, it is hard to believe that this hike was on the same day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2014 12:56AM by chicagocwright.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login