Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts
Yosemite Valley

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Valley Hikes: Four Mile Trail

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

avatar Valley Hikes: Four Mile Trail
June 23, 2009 05:00AM
Four Mile Trail (strenuous, closed from approximately December through May due to extremely hazardous conditions)

9.6 miles/15.5 km round-trip. 6 to 8 hours; 3,200 feet/975 m elevation gain

Begin at the Four Mile Trailhead along Southside Drive in Yosemite Valley

In summer months, take the El Capitan Shuttle to the trailhead. You can also reach the trail from year-round Valley Visitor Shuttle Stop #7, adding about ½ mile to the total distance. This trail begins near the base of Sentinel Rock and climbs to the top of Yosemite Valley at Glacier Point. Although many hikers do this trail as a round-trip hike, an alternative in the summer is to purchase a bus ticket to Glacier Point ($) and hike down. Reservations are required; visit a DNC tour desk for details. You can also make a longer hike by following the Panorama Trail (below) back to the Valley. This trail closed in winter due to extremely hazardous conditions.
Re: Valley Hikes: Four Mile Trail
June 23, 2009 08:55AM
Just did the 4 mile on June 15th with 21 students.I am better for it.This trail affords views of Yosemite Falls that you won't see anywhere ealse.Once you get past the 3 mile mark the trail is amazing and fun.i found lots of water on the trail at that time, but my water bottel has a filter built in.A great summer starter.Do it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login